Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Supermarket Sweep



Dress and boots: Urban Outfitters
Cardigan: Forever 21:
Scarf: Francesca’s
I wore this outfit Friday day and night (and Saturday morning but we’ll exclude that..) It was constantly raining. And extremely humid. As much as I would’ve liked to bundle up every inch of my skin to keep dry, I couldn’t walk 100 ft without getting overheated. And once you get hot then your skin starts to sweat and then your clothes get wet from the inside and that just defeats the point in the first place! Well not that I would ever sweat… I’m just, uh, assuming here. Anyway, decided to wear a dress, as I hate getting the bottom of my pants wet. The black boots were great in the rain. Sometimes you dont feel like ruining an entire outfit with grungy rain boots. No matter what cute little pattern you put on those, still makes me feel like I’m 7 years old. These pictures were taken at Shaws. Had to pick up some food and drink for a home cooked dinner with friends. 
Although the zipper dress is a bit outdated and the scarf is a bit hipster, I still really enjoyed wearing this outfit. The proportions and colors worked. The material wasn’t too heavy. And it transitioned well into the evening. The dress alone without the cardigan or the scarf is sexy enough to feel good walking through Boston’s nightlife but not make you feel like you belong on a pole. Or in a Guess ad. 
Some random guy on one of those two-foot-tall bicycles rode by me saying ‘hey girl, you got a nice get up’. Who said where the approval comes from is important?

No comments:

Post a Comment